Should you build your own custom power supply?
- December 3, 2012
- Posted by: TerriMac
- Category: custom power solutions, efficient energy systems, energy and power technology, Power Supply
Building a custom power supply requires internal resources, knowledge and experience. Read these four things to consider before building your own in-house power supplies:
- Is there a power supply already available that meets your needs?
- Does the cost of the end application justify the added expense?
- Are off-the-shelf semiconductors required by your design supported by applications engineering staff and software design tools? Using the wrong part or circuit can become an expensive mistake once it goes into production.
- Do you have the internal resources necessary to design, build and test your own? (Click here to read 14 key considerations.)
Learn more about custom power supplies and why the do-it-yourself approach may not be the best solution.